Supplemental Metal Gap 2 insurance includes four plan levels to choose from with lump sum benefit levels ranging from $2,500 to $10,000 for covered medical expenses relating to accidental injury, critical illness, and accidental death and dismemberment.
Lump sum benefits can be used for a range of expenses, including:
Major Medical Costs
Lost Wages + Living Expenses
Other Health Treatment + Care
- Alternative treatments
- In-home caregiving
- Out-of-network specialists
Metal Gap 2 Plan Features
- Not subject to an open enrollment period.
The lump sum benefit may be used however the insured wishes
- Accident, Critical Illness and AD+D benefits from $2,500 to $10,000.
Available for ages 18 to 64
- The primary applicant must be age 18 to 64 years old.
- Dependents under age 18 may be included under a primary applicant.
- Benefits terminate when a covered person reaches age 70.
- Child-only plans are not available.
Critical illness benefits for
- Heart Attack
- Major organ transplant
- Severe burn
- Kidney failure
- Guaranteed issue
- Does not coordinate with other health plans
Sample Policy Limitations + Exclusions
- Treatment that is not medically-necessary is not covered.
- Not all plans or combinations of benefits are available in all states.
- There is an extended list of healthcare services and charges that are excluded from coverage.
Who May Want a Metal Gap 2 Insurance Policy?
- Anyone with a high deductible major medical plan, including an individual ACA plan and employer group benefits.
These products are not qualifying health coverage (“Minimum Essential Coverage”) that satisfies the health coverage requirement of the Affordable Care Act. If you don’t have Minimum Essential Coverage, you may owe an additional payment with your taxes. The termination or loss of this policy does not entitle you to a special enrollment period to purchase a health benefit plan that qualifies as minimum essential coverage outside of an open enrollment period. These products may include a pre-existing condition exclusion provision.
This page provides a very brief description of the important features of Metal Gap 2. Therefore, it is important that you READ THE POLICY CAREFULLY. For complete details, refer to the Accident Medical Expense and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance Policy (IAIC ANC POL 0115 – varies by state) and the Critical Illness Indemnity Benefit Rider (IAIC ANC CIBR 0115 – varies by state).