Supplemental hospital indemnity insurance can provide benefits for unexpected or higher cost healthcare services like hospitalization.
With three fixed benefit levels to choose from and annual calendar year maximums from $10,000 to $15,000, there is an Independence Hospital Insurance plan available for a range of different needs and budgets:
|Hospital 30||Hospital 45||Hospital 60|
|Lump sum payment per hospitalization||$3,000||$4,500||$6,000|
|Daily hospital up to 31 days*||$100 per day||$100 per day||$100 per day|
|Outpatient facility services (1 day*)||$3,000||$4,500||$3,000|
|Outpatient diagnostics (1 test*)||$200||$500||$500|
|Outpatient advanced imaging (1 test*)||$500||$500||$500|
|Wellness + preventive care** (1 visit*)||$50||$50||$50|
*Per calendar year
**Initial 3-month waiting period applies
*** Up to the selected benefit limit
Independence Hospital Insurance Features
Available for ages 18 to 64.5
- The primary applicant must be age 18 to 64.5 years old.
- Dependent spouse or children under age 26 may be included under a primary applicant.
- Child-only plans are not available.
- No network restrictions or requirements.
- No open enrollment periods – apply for hospital insurance anytime.
- Payments are made directly to the policyholder, unless assigned by the policyholder.
- Benefits for pre-existing conditions are payable after 12 months of consecutive coverage.
Sample Policy Limitations + Exclusions
- Not available without obtaining a major medical policy in some states.
- There is an extended list of healthcare services and charges that are excluded from coverage.
- Pre-existing condition limitation.
Who May Want a Supplemental Hospital Indemnity Plan?
- Those with a high deductible major medical plan, including an individual ACA plan or an employer’s group plan.
THIS IS A SUPPLEMENT TO HEALTH INSURANCE AND IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR MAJOR MEDICAL COVERAGE. LACK OF MAJOR MEDICAL COVERAGE (OR OTHER MINIMUM ESSENTIAL COVERAGE) MAY RESULT IN AN ADDITIONAL PAYMENT WITH YOUR TAXES.