California Consumer Privacy Act
We are committed to protecting your privacy. If you are a California resident, California law has afforded you certain rights pertaining to your personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”).
- Right to Know. You can request what personal information we have collected, used, and disclosed in the preceding 12 months.
- Right to Deletion. You can request that we delete your personal information. We will honor the request to delete unless one of the following exceptions applies:
- Transactional: information that is necessary to complete a transaction or contract for which it was collected.
- Security: to detect, prevent or investigate security incidents.
- Error Correction: to identify and repair any errors or bugs.
- Non-identifying information: To help diagnose problems and administer our site, information such as your IP address, browser type, and operating system may be gathered, but does not identify any individual.
- Legal: to comply with applicable laws or legal obligations, to protect against fraud or illegal activity, or to ensure the right of a consumer to exercise rights such as free speech rights.
- Internal Use: to use in a lawful manner that is reasonably aligned with the expectations of the consumer and the context in which the consumer provided the information (i.e. improve our services).
- Right to Opt Out of Sales. We do not sell your information.
- Right to Nondiscrimination. We will not discriminate against you and we will not charge you a different price or provide a different level of service for exercising your CCPA rights. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights and we will not deny you goods or services, charge you a different price, or provide you with a lesser quality of goods or services if you exercise any of your CCPA Rights.
What May I Request?
You may request that we disclose or delete personal data collected by us within the twelve (12) months preceding your request.
Accessing Your Information
You may request:
- Categories of information as defined by California law that we have collected about you.
- Specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you.
Deleting Your Information
Do Not Sell Your Information
We currently do not share your personal information in a manner that would be considered a sale of personal information under the CCPA. If, in the future, we decide to share your information in a manner that would be considered a sale under the CCPA, we will update our privacy notice and any related information as applicable.
May I Use an Authorized Agent?
If you wish to designate an authorized agent to act on your behalf you must provide the authorized agent with written permission to do so, and your authorized agent must submit that written proof at the time they make the request on your behalf. Written proof may be a fully executed Power of Attorney, a notarized affidavit or any legally executed document that indicates the authority to represent you.
May I Make Multiple Requests?
If you wish to make multiple requests under this section, we recommend sending the deletion request last, as we will not be able to fulfill your other requests once we have deleted your information.
How Long Will it Take to Process My Request?
When you submit a request, a representative will reach out to you to confirm receipt of the request within ten (10) business-days.
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) calendar-days of receipt. If necessary, we may require an additional forty-five (45) calendar-days at which point we would inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will provide an explanation in the event we are unable to process a request in whole or in part.
What Do I Need to Provide When Making a Request?
In order to verify your identity when you are making a request, you will need to provide the following information if applicable:
- Telephone number
- Mailing address
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Policy number
We will match this information to the information in our systems and under certain circumstances may request additional information via email or telephone to ensure we are interacting with the correct individual. We will maintain a record of your request.
Please be aware that we do not accept or process requests through other means (e.g., via fax, chats, social media, etc.).
How May I Make a Request?
You may make a request by calling our toll-free number: (866) 774-1113.
Last Update Date: December 2021